Customized Jewellery Trends
From a symbol of love and commitment to a nostalgic keepsake, jewellery may come in a small package, but it has the power to hold a lot of meaning. Whether you’re shopping for a gift or looking for a special addition to your own jewellery collection, custom or personalized jewellery is a trend that will never go out of style.
How to Personalize Jewellery
Birthstones and Birth Flowers:Each month of the year is associated with a birthstone and a birth month flower. Use one or both of these to design a piece of jewellery unique to you or the person you are making it for.
Names:Name necklaces designed in the style of your choice or a custom engraving on a bar bracelet or the inside of the band of a ring are subtle ways to keep your or a loved one’s name close to your heart.
Dates:Anniversaries and other significant dates engraved into a piece of jewellery can add personal significance to the piece. The format of the date is up to you—the only rule is that you make it your own.
Custom Designs:Designing a piece of jewellery from scratch is the perfect way to ensure you don’t have to compromise on a single detail.
Types of Custom and Personalized Jewellery
1. NecklacesCustom pendants are one of the most popular pieces of jewellery to give as a gift. A birthstone or engraved design is thoughtful and understated enough to fit anyone’s style—and they can be as unique as you want them to be. Choose the type of pendant and add custom details to create a meaningful necklace that will hold your memories close.
2. RingsEngagement and wedding rings aren’t the only type of ring that can be customized. For couples that want to commit to each other before getting engaged, a promise ring or a couple’s ring can be a meaningful step in a couple’s journey towards forever. For a new parent, a family ring can incorporate birthstones and/or names to create a unique keepsake that means everything to them.
3. BraceletsBracelets can be the perfect gift for someone with a more understated jewellery style. Consider a charm bracelet for the opportunity to build a meaningful keepsake that can evolve over time. Or go with a simple gold or silver cuff or bar bracelet engraved with a name, date or thoughtful phrase.
Custom Wedding Bands and Engagement Rings
1. Wedding BandsA wedding band symbolizes a couple’s intention to spend forever together. Since you’ll both be wearing your wedding band more than any other piece of jewellery, consider adding a little something that you’ll share between the two of you. Engrave your wedding date on the inside of both bands, or choose a word that represents the essence of your bond.
Whether you’re going with matching wedding bands or honoring your own unique aesthetics, consider designing your wedding bands from scratch. That way, you’ll both have a one-of-a-kind ring that reflects who you are as individuals and as a couple.
2. Engagement RingsAs one of the most important pieces of jewellery you’ll ever buy, it makes sense that an engagement ring should be as unique as you are. From whether a classic diamond or another unique gemstone is right for you to choosing the best setting and band metal for your budget and lifestyle, many small decisions go into creating the perfect engagement ring.
Before you start the process of custom designing your engagement ring, it’s important to have an idea of what you like including any style non-negotiables. Is a classic solitaire your vibe or are you looking for something more ornate? Our engagement ring style quiz can help kickstart your search. Next, speak to a jeweller to narrow down your options and get an expert opinion.