Zale Canada Co. Ontario Accessible Customer Service Policy
Ontario Customer Service Policy Statement
Zale Canada Co. is committed to providing an accessible environment in which all individuals have equal access to products and services in a way that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and positive environment that is considerate and accommodating of all individuals, including people with disabilities.
Zale Canada Co. will provide exceptional service to its customers, third parties and members of the public.
- Persons with disabilities are provided equal opportunity to obtain, use and benefit from our goods and services.
- Goods and services are provided in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities.
- Communications with a person with a disability are conducted in a manner that takes the person's disability into account.
- Persons with disabilities may use assistive devices, service animals and support persons as is necessary to access our goods and services unless superseded by other legislation.
This policy applies to all locations and customers of Zale Canada Co. located in Ontario.
Customer Service Plan
Our goal under this plan is to commit to a barrier free environment for our customers. We provide our goods and services in a manner that is based upon the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equality for all our customers. We strive to ensure that customers with disabilities receive the same high standards of service that we provide to all customers.
Accessible: means a product or service that can be easily viewed or reached; posing no obstacles to persons with disabilities; a shopping experience with products that are easy to obtain and a point of sale. process that can be accessed by those with disabilities. An accessible store provides service that enables products and services to be obtained, as well as understood or appreciated, by a person with a disability.
Assistive Device: a device used to assist a person with a disability in carrying out activities or in accessing Zale Canada Co. products and services.
- A physical barrier
- An information or communications barrier
- An attitudinal barrier
- A technological barrier
- A policy or practice
- any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on an assistive device;
- a condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability,
- a learning disability, or a dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language,
- a mental disorder, or
- an injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
- if it is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability; or
- if the person provides a letter from a regulated health professional confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability.
Support Person: an individual hired or chosen by a person with a disability to provide assistance with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs while accessing Zale Canada Co.'s goods or services.
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when shopping in our stores or otherwise accessing our goods, services and facilities.
If a person with a disability provides his/her own assistive device to assist him/her with accessing our premises or our goods or services, we will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the person is able to use the assistive device without any barriers, unless prohibited by law. If barriers to the use of an assistive device exist at any Zale Canada Co. premises, these barriers, where reasonably possible, will be removed. If the assistive device is prohibited by law or a barrier exists that cannot be removed, the person will be advised and alternate options will be explored.
Zale Canada Co. communicates with people with disabilities in ways that take their disability into account.
Zale Canada Co. welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany him/her on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Zale Canada Co. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be posted on the entrance door to the store or any other reasonable alternative in the particular circumstances.
Zale Canada Co. provides training to all employees and ensures that others who deal with the public or third parties on our behalf also receive training on accessible customer service. This training will be provided to employees within the first three months of hiring.
- An overview of the AODA and the requirements of the customer service standard and the integrated accessibility standard
- Zale Canada Co.'s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to address a situation where a customer with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our goods, services or facilities.
Employees will also be trained when changes are made to this plan. All training is recorded and tracked for compliance purposes.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Zale Canada Co. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email or call. For feedback regarding Peoples Jewellers, please email email@example.com or call 1-800-211-2272. If your feedback is pertaining to Mappins Jewellers please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-519-4653.
All feedback, including complaints, will be logged by our Customer Department. Complaints pertaining to fair treatment will be cascaded to the Human Resources Department.
Customers will be contacted within five business days to discuss the feedback, and depending on the circumstances, to advise of any action which may have been or will be taken as a result of the feedback, as well as to provide an implementation timeline if action is going to be taken and has not already been implemented.
Notice of availability
Zale Canada Co. will notify the public that our customer service related policies are available upon request by referring to the posting located at the store. If necessary, Zale Canada Co. will make reasonable efforts in consultation with the person making the request, to give the person the content of the applicable policy in a format that takes into account the person's disability and/or with appropriate communication supports.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Zale Canada Co. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or revoked.