Bringing the jewellery you love back to its original brilliance.
We know that your jewellery is special to you. You love your fine jewellery and wear it often, but like most everything else, it will start to show signs of wear or breakage. Over time, chains break, clasps become loose, and prongs holding diamonds or gemstones may fail. Keeping your jewellery looking its best is why Peoples offers repairs and services, including regular jewellery maintenance, inspection and cleaning. Stop by for an assessment of your jewellery. We’ll clean it, inspect it and, if it needs repair, offer you a competitive estimate.Find your closest Peoples retail store >
Cleaning and Inspection Service
Performing regular cleaning and inspection of your jewellery is a great way to catch any problems before they happen. Bringing your jewellery in for inspection and cleaning every six months allows us to catch any loose stones, prong damage or other injury, and repair it before further problems arise. Remember - our inspections and cleaning services are free for all your jewellery – whether you purchased it at Peoples or not!
Take a Detailed Look
Using our digital Gemscope or tablet, we will take a photo of your diamond or gemstone and make notes to identify its unique characteristics. We will email these photos to you for reference.
Receive a Repair Estimate
The Peoples jewellery repair team will determine what repairs may be needed. We will also verify if your jewellery is covered by a warranty or service plan. The final cost of the repairs will be established before sending the jewellery to our Service and Repair Center.
Send to Service Center
We will send your jewellery to our Service and Repair Center where Master Craftsmen will repair and restore your piece with meticulous care. After a final polish and inspection, your jewellery will be shipped back to your local store. You will be notified by email or phone when it is ready to be picked up.
Compare Before and After
We’ll contact you when your jewellery is back in store. At that time, you’ll review before and after photos of your item to confirm the appropriate repairs were completed. This process ensures your satisfaction with the quality of the service.
The Peoples Repair Guarantee
We have a six month guarantee on all repairs. If our work doesn’t meet your expectations, bring it back and we’ll repair it for free.
Repairs and Services We Perform
Keeping your fine jewellery looking great starts with regular maintenance, inspection and cleaning. However, should your jewellery ever need repair or refurbishing, you can count on the jewellery craftsmen at Peoples to treat your piece with care. Whether you need a simple clasp replacement or a complete mounting repair, we’ve got you covered. Some of the repairs and services we offer include:
- Ring resizing
- Prong retipping/repair
- Chain soldering
- Watch repair
- Ring head replacement
- Clasp repair/replacement
- Rhodium plating
- Prong replacement
- Watch battery replacement
- Missing diamond replacement
- ...and more.
Regular service will extend the life of your jewellery and prevent the loss of diamonds or colored gemstones. Keep your treasured fine jewellery looking as great as it did the first day with the help of our jewellery repair experts.
Extend the Life of Your Jewellery With Regular Care
Wearing your jewellery every day practically guarantees you will experience wear and tear. You can extend the life of your fine jewellery by following a few simple steps:
- Remove jewellery before showering or before using grooming products. Many cosmetics, lotions, hairsprays and perfumes contain chemicals that can damage jewellery.
- Remove jewellery before doing any household cleaning, dishes or entering a pool or spa. Exposure to certain commonly used chemicals can cause color changes and structural damage to your jewellery.
- Remove jewellery before any physical activity. Try to avoid bumping, hitting or scratching your jewellery on furniture, walls and other hard surfaces.
- Avoid pulling, tugging or chewing on chains and bracelets. Any kind of pulling or pressure can cause stress, which can stretch or weaken the metal or break clasps.
- Keep your jewellery looking its shining best. Bring your jewellery in to your local Peoples store for regular cleaning and inspection.